But the general impression held pretty much, Hanne and the kids absolutely loved the boat. I was a little cooler-minded - a 32-foot wooden boat is not something to buy spontaneously, it can result in some very unpleasant (and expensive) surprises, besides, I am the one who has to do all the work.
So we agreed that I could come over and take a closer look at the boat and take it out for a test run a few days later. It all went fine, I looked at the hull on the inside - there was nothing bad to see anywhere and then we sailed. The old Volvo Penta engine did really well, but I could hear that the water pump needed replacement, maybe also the timing wheels. But I was starting to feel it was quite nice that it was the original engine - it just added to the charm. The boat sailed really well, almost no stern wave at the cruising speed of around 7 knots.
I just had to think about it for a couple of days and of course, discuss it with the rest of the family. Hanne and the kids had completely fallen in love with the boat, so they let it be up to me to make the decision - if I thought it was okay, we should buy it.
The boat was scheduled to be taken out of the water the following week, and I wanted to see the bottom outside before deciding. So I went to Vejle again, but this time I was prepared to buy the boat if I did not find any significant defects on the outside.
And that's how it happened - the bottom was fine, we agreed on a price, and then suddenly it was our boat.