The aft end of the boat is now finished - I still need to caulk the aft deck, but I later do that later together with the fore deck. It turned into a somewhat larger repair than originally planned, but it was necessary. It takes a long time to manufacture and mount the different parts, because I saturate it all with Owatrol D1 before mounting the parts in order to prevent future rot.
I made a mistake when I fitted the planks for the aft deck. The angle of the side decks is not the same on both sides, so I ended up with a very skewed piece of wood in the middle. Fortunately, I was able to correct it so much that it's hardly visible. It was actually a very stupid mistake given the many years of experience I have with shipbuilding. I know that practically no boats are 100% symmetrical, something I learned that the hard way many years ago. But actually looks quite nice, I am a little anxious to see if I can make the colors of the different pieces of wood match properly when I stain them..
The next project is the replacement of a 1.8 m side deck on both sides as well as a 1 meter long patch at the bottom of the port side deck, right at the rounding up to the foredeck. I've already made the patch on the starboard side.
June 17, 2008:
I will have to extend the repair half a meter on the starboard side, and in addition to that, it is necessary to repair the two stringers underneath the side deck.