November 2, 2008:
For once, things have been going pretty well without disturbances - this weekend I made a lot of progress and I'm now almost done assembling the sides and leading-edge as well as restoring the round corners. I used epoxy to glue 2 pieces of Mahogany together , so they were actually easy to make. When the epoxy has cured and the corners are sanded, I just need to round the edges on the inside so I won't end up with a hole in my head from a sharp edge…
November 5, 2008:
Now the sides, the leading edge, and the round corners are finished. It has really enhanced the lines of the boat, now it looks like the constructor originally wanted it to look. The next one will be the side deck and the 2 missing teak bars.
November 30, 2008:
I'm almost done with the foredeck, I still need to sand the deck and clean the joints on the starboard side. The port side is cleaned - what a shitty job!
It's too cold to work in the tent right now. The epoxy needs more than 5 degrees Celcius to cure properly so I have moved into the garage to take care of some of the loose ends. Right now I'm working with the skylight.