room for the new windows, but it looks horrible. I have tried to fix it, but the result is not satisfactory, so I'll repair them properly at a later time.
I have previously removed the front edge of the cabinet on the starboard side, which was so skewed that the door could not be closed. I took it completely apart and glued it together in the right shape. So now the door can be closed and it fits perfectly.
March 16, 2009:
It's really fiddly work, but now I'm just about ready to varnish the inside of the cabin. I have made a new staircase - the old one was not particularly well made, the joints gaped 4-5 mm.
The cabin windows have been bothering me for a long time. I don't think the solution with a stainless steel edge and a rubber strip is particularly smart. It can easily leak and it doesn't look so nice. The problem with changing it is that the outer edge of the holes in the cabin sides has been cut off, but as a temporary solution, I have decided to re-create the edge with epoxy. I'll make the windows of 3 mm polycarbonate and mount them without the rubber. They will be sealed with Ettan wax so I can get them off again. It will look a lot nicer.
I mount all inner edge moldings before mounting the roof, which is not the normal way of doing it, but it has the advantage that I can varnish everything at once, and when the roof is mounted, I'm done inside the cabin.