The time has come to say goodbye to the last fiberglass on the boat - hurray!
It held on pretty good, so it took a fair amount of hard work to get it off. But now it's gone, and then I need to repair the wood that is underneath. There are three soft spots in the sides and stern edge, but it is only minor damage. I need to replace a lot of the wood in the roof because of rot, and the roof will get covered with a piece of oil-hardened Masonite and will of course get new round edgings.
May 6, 2009:
I have been busy at work the last few weeks, but in spite of that, I have managed to get a lot done on the boat. I have finished repairing the wood in the sides and aft of the cabin, but it was necessary to saturate a few spots here and there with epoxy, especially in the corners, but I think it's better to do it this way than to replace everything. I also replaced some pieces of rotten wood in the aft end of the roof.