So enough of that, now to the boat. When the tent blew over in the fall, the boat got a lot of minor damage, and because it took a while to get a new tent made and get the tarpaulin repaired, it also got a lot of water damage. So there were quite a few varnish repairs this time, and especially on the wheelhouse roof, it was bad. It was impossible to do without it being visible afterward, but the result is acceptable - it could have been much worse considering the cause of the damage. Everything has been varnished this year.
It was also necessary to replace the seawater pump, after 61 years the impeller could not reach the pump housing any longer. I ordered an original 3/4 "Jabsco pump from Toplicht in Germany, because I don't want to pay triple for it in this country. The new pump cost DKK 1230, the price for a similar pump in Denmark is DKK 3499, and it is not even a Jabsco, it's a China copy. There is something completely wrong with the competition in that industry here, as soon as it is for marine use, things cost a fortune in this country.
I had a couple of pulleys lying around from the circulation pumps I have replaced on the engine, and with one of them, the new pump could be mounted on the same bracket as the old one - I just had to weld a small patch onto it and drill 4 holes. And now there is more than enough water going through the system, and it has had a very beneficial effect on the noise level in the boat. When we sail at cruising speed, we can talk quietly together, it is actually the splashing from the boat's movement through the water that makes the most noise - nice!